The VP of Strategic Initiatives will be responsible for cross-functional project team management and execution of tasks required to successfully launch strategic Ingo Money initiatives. This role interacts directly with multiple departments within Ingo Money, such as Sales, Customer Care, Technology, Risk, Client Services, and Finance, to ensure business owner requirements are implemented within timeframe and budgets. This individual must effectively balance multiple projects and project teams in a fast-paced and extremely dynamic environment.
For each project, this individual provides strategic guidance to business partners/clients relating to cost, timeline, scope, risk and recommends risk mitigation plans to enable decision-making throughout the appropriate levels of the organization. This individual must develop and use tools, such as project plans, project charters, and scope documents to ensure that all details are covered and all issues are appropriately escalated and addressed by business owners. The individual is responsible for the documentation, communication and timely delivery of each project assigned.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with stakeholders to facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables.
- Define project tasks and resource requirements.
- Develop timelines, business requirements documents, project charters and project progress reports.
- Assemble and coordinate project team both internally and externally with clients.
- Conduct internal and external team meetings, drive the project, report on the status, escalate issues as needed.
- Proactively manage project plan and resources across internal departments and external partners to meet or exceed milestones.
- Manage team goals and deadlines, resolving all issues affecting the project timeline.
- Understand all aspects of a project/product launch, be the business expert on the project/product launch.
- Communicate risks to all stakeholders with mitigation recommendations to move project back to schedule.
- Conduct regular project meetings aimed at communicating status and issues to the project team, client and management.
- Work closely with implementation team members to ensure expectations are clear and timeline is being met.
- Obtain stakeholder sign off showing completion of launch requirements.
- Well-developed leadership skills
- Must have initiative and be self-motivating
- Ability to see opportunities and issues outside of scope
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Excellent client facing presentation skills
- Strong multimedia presentation skills
- Ability to remain organized while multi-tasking and adjusting to evolving priorities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with all levels of an organization
- A bachelor’s degree in business, computer science or related field
- PMP Certification or Green Belt/Black Belt/Master Black Belt six sigma or lean certifications, preferred
- 3-7 years proven experience in strategic project management planning and risk management
- Experience in open network prepaid cards, bank operations, credit cards, debit cards, check clearing, debit or credit card industry or some aspect of financial services, preferred
- Experience with project management related software packages, including MS Project Server 2003, Project Professional, SharePoint Services and other presentation software such as MS Visio and MS PowerPoint.
- Experience with various Project Management Tools including Business Requirement Documents, Project Plans, Cost Estimation worksheets, Dashboards, SharePoint Services, etc.